HOW LONG SHOULD THE ARTICLE BE?
We are quite flexible on length however the best way to ensure your article is being read is a word count of between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
WHAT TONE OR STYLE SHOULD THE ARTICLE ADOPT?
Try to keep technical or academic language to a minimum, and where you have to use such language, try to include an explanation or reference for those not familiar with such terminology. Footnotes are discouraged unless they are absolutely necessary, with preference for hyperlinks directly within the text.
Please use UK (British) English. Questions about grammar and language can be resolved by use of the following European style guide.
Before submitting your article, please ensure you have included the following elements:
- An introduction between 50-100 words setting out the main topic or argument of the article
- A concise (short) title
- Short subheadings within the text to structure it
- Optionally, you can pre-select quotes to be highlighted from the text (maximum 30 words each)
- If you haven’t written for us before, please send us a short bio (50 words max) and photo (head shot) of yourself when submitting the article
- The article is between 1,000 and 2,000 words long
- Please use the font Arial in size 11