The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union office is welcoming applications for the position “Head of Programme - Green Economics and Social Policy in the EU”, to be filled as of 1 January 2022.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is a German political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party (Alliance 90/The Greens). Its primary task is political education and advocacy in Germany and abroad. Our main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, non-violence and justice. In our work, we place particular emphasis on gender democracy, equal rights for minorities and the political and social participation of migrants.
Our namesake, the writer and Nobel Prize laureate Heinrich Böll, personifies the fundamental principles we stand for: defence of freedom and human dignity, civic courage, open debate and the acknowledgement of art and culture as independent spheres of thought and action. As a think tank for green visions and ideas, we are part of an international network with 33 offices worldwide and with partner projects in more than 60 countries.
The new programme will address and tackle intersections between the following policy fields: economy, social policy, and ecology. The Head of Programme will be responsible to develop and implement the programme activities. Specifically, he/she/they will:
- Conceptualise, coordinate, implement and evaluate the new programme “Green Economics and Social Policy in the EU” in consultation and cooperation with the Office Director,
- Build and establish a network of relevant actors in the frame of the programme (including European and German institutions, international organisations and relevant civil society actors, social partners, scholars and journalists),
- Draft concepts for and organise events, conferences, workshops and visitor programmes
- Assume principal responsibility for the programme reporting, including regular updates, preparation of reports, and other information,
- Manage funds in consultation with the Office Director, and in close cooperation with the Financial Manager, including budget planning, expense monitoring, project evaluation and reporting to our funders,
- Establish and maintain liaisons with the headquarters in Berlin and international offices of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung,
- Undertake literature review, policy research, and writing assignments.
- University degree in a field relevant for this programme
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, preferably related to European economic and social policy
- Demonstrated knowledge of and working experience with European and international institutions
- Oral and written fluency in English, a good command of German and/or French is of advantage
- Proven excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Experience in the management of publicly funded projects
- Ability to work independently, creatively and responsibly in an international team
- Ability to organise work assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Gender and diversity awareness
- A genuine interest in the values and mission of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
The job location is Brussels. The position is full-time (37 hours/week, permanent employment contract). Occasional international travel is required.
Application: Please send your CV and motivation letter by e-mail to Joan.Lanfranco@eu.boell.org.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 26 September 2021, 23:59 CEST.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.