The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union Office in Brussels is welcoming applications for the open position “IT Technician: Digital Infrastructure Support” as of 1 October 2020.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (hbs) is a political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party. We are a green think tank, an international policy network for green visions and projects. Headquartered in Berlin we have more than 30 offices around the world. Our main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice. We place particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and men.
The IT-Technician will be responsible to provide a stable and secure digital infrastructure and support the team of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union in implementing digital activities. Specifically, he/she will
- maintain and develop a secure digital infrastructure in consultation with the Head of Office and the Head of Unit “Global Support for Democracy”,
- assist all staff members with the digital implementation of their tasks and projects,
- conceptualise, implement and monitor a website/digital platform for hbs alumni in consultation with the Head of Unit “Global Support for Democracy” and the respective Head of Programme,
- provide IT-security trainings and advice for human rights defenders and activists under threat,
- provide day to day support and maintenance of the hbs-network, computer equipment, licences and servers for the whole hbs Brussels office,
- diagnose and resolve basic network, software and hardware faults and perform basic maintenance repairs and upgrades,
- install, configure, and support networked PCs, laptops and peripheral devices including printers when necessary,
- establish and maintain liaisons with the IT division of the International Department at the headquarters in Berlin,
- ensure compliance with the requirements of IT related policies (e.g. General Data Protection Regulation, hbs IT-security standards).
- Education in computer science, informatics or comparable
- Experience in network management and strong knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Understanding of computer components and skills necessary to repair or replace them as needed
- Genuine interest in human rights and the support of human rights defenders
- Strong analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of the IT security needs of human rights defenders,
- Strong knowledge of IT security and data protection standards (e.g. General Data Protection Regulation)
- Previous experience in the IT Service Desk field is an advantage
- Oral and written fluency in English (French and/or German language skills of advantage)
- International work experience/work experience in the non-profit sector is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills working with technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization
- Ability to organise work assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Gender awareness
- Genuine interest in the values and mission of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
The job location is Brussels. The position is part-time (20 hours/week, employment contract).
Please send your application by e-mail to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 9 August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.