The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union Office in Brussels is welcoming applications for the open position “Communication and Outreach Coordinator” as of 17 August 2020.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is a political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party. We are a green think tank, an international policy network for green visions and projects. Headquartered in Berlin we have more than 30 offices around the world.
Our main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice. We place particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and men.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Communication and Outreach Coordinator:
- Develops and implements the office’s overall communication strategy towards the general public, expert target groups and media in cooperation with the Head of Office
- Builds up and maintains media relations to international and European media covering EU affairs in Brussels and beyond as well as specific thematic issues
- Manages website content in coordination with the respective colleagues
- Maintains contact data base
- Develops social media communications strategies and manages social media channels in cooperation with the head of office and respective colleagues (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Coordinates event communication in cooperation with the respective colleagues in Brussels and Berlin
- Manages the office’s newsletter
- Coordinates visitors programmes
- Evaluates online performance and data analyses
- Coordinates questions related to graphic design
- University degree
- Excellent communication and editing skills
- Oral and written fluency in English and French (German language skills of advantage)
- Demonstrated ability with social media and communication strategies
- Good understanding of European institutions and politics
- Work experience in a non-profit organisation is preferred
- Ability to work in a team, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise work assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of layout and design for print and web-based materials and publications
- Gender awareness
- Genuine interest in the values and mission of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
The job location is Brussels. The position is full-time (37 hours/week, two-year employment contract with an extension option).
Please send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 22 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.