The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union office is welcoming applications for the position Head of Global Transformation Programme as of March 2019.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is a political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party. We are a green think tank, an international policy network, and are active in the fields of ecology, democracy and human rights worldwide. Headquartered in Berlin we have more than 30 offices around the world.
Our main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice. We place particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and men. We are also committed to equal rights for cultural and ethnic minorities and to the societal and political participation of immigrants. Finally, we promote nonviolence and proactive peace policies.
The Global Transformation Programme is a new programme which will start from 2019 onwards. The programme deals with the challenges for the EU against the background of a changing world order and digitalisation. The guiding questions are: How can the EU contribute to a liberal and democratic world order, open and fair markets, the rule of law and multilateralism in international governance, particularly challenges of Migration, Global Infrastructure, etc.
The Head of the Global Transformation Programme will be responsible to design and implement the programme activities.
Specifically, he/she will
- conceptualise, coordinate, implement and evaluate the Global Transformation Programme in close cooperation with the Head of Office
- draft concepts for and organise events, conferences, workshops and visitor programmes
- assume principal responsibility for the programme’s website publications, including regular updates, preparation of reports, and other information
- manage funds in close cooperation with the Financial Manager, including budget planning, expense monitoring, project evaluation and reporting to our funders
- establish and maintain liaisons with the headquarter and relevant foreign offices of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, especially hbs USA, China and Hongkong, European institutions, international organisations and relevant civil society actors, scholars and journalists in close cooperation with the Head of Office
- undertake literature review, policy research, and writing assignments
- university degree in a field relevant for this programme
- minimum 5 years of work experience
- demonstrated knowledge of and working experience with European and international institutions
- oral and written fluency in English
- proven excellent research, writing and editing skills
- strong organisational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- experience in the management of publicly funded projects
- ability to work independently, creatively and responsibly in an international team
- gender awareness
- a genuine interest in the values and mission of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
The job location is Brussels, occasional international travel is required.
This is a full-time position (37 hours/week, core work hours 9am-5pm). Occasional off-time obligations may occur.
This is a temporary employment for two years, an extension is possible.
Please send your CV and motivation letter by e-mail to Stefanie.Fraune@eu.boell.org
The deadline for applications is 18 January 2019.
We only contact shortlisted candidates.