Creator: ENoP. This image is licensed under Creative Commons License.
Project Director, European Network of Political Foundations (ENoP)
The European Network of Political Foundations (ENoP) is a platform for communication and dialogue between political foundations in Europe, the EU institutions, and civil society organisations (CSOs) in the fields of democracy support, development cooperation and political dialogue. The network consists of 51 member foundations and two affiliated entities, coming from 22 countries within the EU. The members are close to six party families - ALDE, ECR, EPP, Greens/EFA, GUE/NGL, S&D - represented in the European Parliament, and belonging to the democratic spectrum.
The main focus of ENoP is reflected in the activities of four working groups (WG): “Sustainable Development”, “Democracy”, “The Future of Europe” and “EU Funding” as well as in the implementation of relevant projects with local partners in more than 100 countries throughout the world. In 2016, ENoP has signed a Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) with the European Commission, through which it was awarded a grant, which aims to support the implementation of the core activities of the organisation. ENoP is looking for a Project Director to implement its recently granted EU project.
Project Director (Full-Time)
The Project Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing project including planning, organising, staffing, leading, and controlling EU project activities.
Main responsibilities & tasks:
- Overall coordination and management of the ENoP secretariat and the EU project,
- Conceptual design of activities, coordination with ENoP members and implementation of various activities,
- Responsible for narrative and financial reports and communication with the Contracting Authority,
- Evaluating and monitoring the project implementation in cooperation with the steering committee,
- Management tasks include human resource responsibility for three members of staff,
- Ensuring the visibility of ENoP via different channels in line with EU requirements,
- Development of ENoP fundraising strategy together with the financial officer and the ENoP coordination board,
- Consultation with the network coordinators and treasurer (elected by ENoP members) and the ENoP steering committee on strategic questions,
- Preparation for ENoP board members in high-level events in order to increase the visibility of the network on the European and international political levels,
- Representation of ENoP in external meetings,
- Maintain good and effective contacts with various stakeholders in the field of development cooperation, democracy support, such as MEPs, other NGOs and European Institutions.
- University degree (Masters or higher) in social sciences, humanities, law or similar,
- Minimum 7 years work experience in policy with representative tasks,
- Project management experience, with EU-project experience being an asset,
- Working experience in European institutions or in lobbying with European institutions,
- Working experience in public relations and/or journalism is an asset,
- Experience in financial management, budget planning and budget execution,
- Demonstrated experience in representing interests towards political and social actors,
- Excellent ability to think analytically and innovatively,
- Ability to galvanise a network of political foundations,
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, able to work independently as well as in a team, taking responsibility and initiative,
- Strong organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise tasks effectively and respect deadlines,
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written),
- Good French and/or German knowledge is an asset.
- International working environment,
- The Project Director will be based in Brussels, work related travel will be required on average once per month,
- Average monthly gross salary, employers' charges and other costs based on Belgian legislation such as the 13th month and pécule de vacance.
Preference will be given to candidates, who:
Can demonstrate working experience in areas core to political foundations,
Can demonstrate leadership experience in non-profit organisations with cross-border structure.
Please send applications to email@example.com until the 10th December 2018 and include:
- A CV of maximum two pages,
- A cover letter of no more than two pages outlining your motivation for the job,
- Two letters of recommendation/ letters of reference from previous or current positions.
The interviews will take place between 8th and 16th January 2019 in Brussels.
Starting date: March 2019