- A changing European Parliament
07.Jun.2019 - 20:18
- Tough Questions: Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi visiting Czech Republic and Hungary
03.Jun.2019 - 23:25
- More than just making hard work of an easy win. Following the European elections, PiS maintains its dominant position in spite of the changing political scene in Poland.
03.Jun.2019 - 10:41
- Europe’s finest: what to learn from the old world’s unsung champions of climate protection
25.Mar.2019 - 15:00
- The age of Czech solar power: after years of stagnation, is a rebirth imminent?
20.Mar.2019 - 10:00
- Gas wars part one: let’s be honest about Germany’s growing dependence on fossil gas
19.Mar.2019 - 13:00
Welcome to our blogs
Our Reconnecting Europe blog succeeded the largely successful blog Reshaping Europe in the beginning of 2016. In a time when the European Union seems to be drifting apart we asked bloggers from very different parts of the EU (Bulgaria, Germany, Spain and the UK) what can be done to reconnect citizens and EU Institutions, north and south, centre and periphery. With this blog, we hope to involve more citizens everywhere in Europe to think and act as Europeans.
On our Energiewende Blog, a team of international energy experts writes on how the German energy transition continues and how it relates to other countries.
Germany has drawn a lot of international attention for its aim to switch to a renewable energy economy and leave nuclear and fossil energy behind. A lot of the international reporting about the German Energy Transition, or Energiewende, has, however, been misleading – for instance, when it comes to the role of coal power, energy price trends, competitiveness and carbon emissions.
Our blog aims to explain what the Energiewende is, how it works, and what challenges lay ahead. It is intended to provide facts and explain the politics and policies to an international audience.
more böll blogs
- Mehr Licht ins Dunkel der Kunststoffwelt – welche Daten wir für den Plastikatlas bekommen haben und welche nicht
06.Jun.2019 - 10:07
- Update zum People’s Climate Case: EU-Gericht erkennt Betroffenheit durch Klimawandel an, stuft Klage jedoch als unzulässig ein
22.May.2019 - 15:50
- Wir brauchen eine Rohstoffwende! Stellungnahme der Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung zur Fortschreibung der Rohstoffstrategie der Bundesregierung
22.May.2019 - 15:19