- Europe’s finest: what to learn from the old world’s unsung champions of climate protection
25.Mar.2019 - 15:00
- The age of Czech solar power: after years of stagnation, is a rebirth imminent?
20.Mar.2019 - 10:00
- Gas wars part one: let’s be honest about Germany’s growing dependence on fossil gas
19.Mar.2019 - 13:00
Welcome to our blogs
Our Reconnecting Europe blog succeeded the largely successful blog Reshaping Europe in the beginning of 2016. In a time when the European Union seems to be drifting apart we asked bloggers from very different parts of the EU (Bulgaria, Germany, Spain and the UK) what can be done to reconnect citizens and EU Institutions, north and south, centre and periphery. With this blog, we hope to involve more citizens everywhere in Europe to think and act as Europeans.
On our Energiewende Blog, a team of international energy experts writes on how the German energy transition continues and how it relates to other countries.
Germany has drawn a lot of international attention for its aim to switch to a renewable energy economy and leave nuclear and fossil energy behind. A lot of the international reporting about the German Energy Transition, or Energiewende, has, however, been misleading – for instance, when it comes to the role of coal power, energy price trends, competitiveness and carbon emissions.
Our blog aims to explain what the Energiewende is, how it works, and what challenges lay ahead. It is intended to provide facts and explain the politics and policies to an international audience.
more böll blogs
- Die neuen Existenzialistinnen und Existenzialisten
05.Apr.2019 - 15:23
- Fridays for Future! Der Klimawandel und wir – Informationen für interessierte Eltern, Großeltern, Lehrer*innen und andere Erwachsene
03.Apr.2019 - 22:09
- Fridays for Future – was wissen wir über diese neue Protestbewegung?
26.Mar.2019 - 15:20