The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a political foundation closely aligned with Germany’s Alliance 90/The Greens party. We are involved in civic education in Germany and other countries, providing support for international dialogue, cooperation for the development of democratic processes and the strengthening of social engagement and understanding between peoples.
The Regional Office of the Heinrich Böll Foundation in Warsaw is looking for a Coordinator in the regional programme of the European Agricultural Policy from 01.10.2017. The position is part-time (20 hours/week).
The Coordinator’s tasks will include:
- conceptualisation and strategic development of the Regional Office’s engagement in the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and the sustainable development of rural areas
- coordination of activities in local, national and European organisational networks engaged in CAP reform
- support for cooperation between Polish organisations engaged in the sustainable development of rural areas
- substantive, administrative and financial coordination, planning and reporting on the activities undertaken by the Regional Office in cooperation with European partner organisations, the Berlin headquarter and other international offices of the foundation
- cooperation in developing strategies for promoting CAP reform and the Regional Office’s promotional activities
- cooperation in fulfilling the Foundation’s mission, i.e. activities designed to strengthen the mechanisms of social engagement and to fight discrimination.
- successful completion of higher education
- knowledge of EU structures, instruments and strategies, particularly those relating to agricultural policy
- knowledge of the European Union policies relating to the sector is preferred: regional-structural (cohesion) policy, food policy, consumer protection policy and environmental protection policy
- knowledge of the Polish context and environment with regard to the above areas
- knowledge of green policy within agricultural policy and the sustainable development of rural areas
- experience in leading international projects and working with non-governmental organisations and public administration
- fluent English required, German an advantage
- proficiency in the use of the computer and Internet
- familiarity with the Foundation’s goals
- social and intercultural skills
- ability to work in a team or independently
Please send applications with a CV, letter of application and any references from former employers by email as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org.