Key Messages from Warsaw to Paris and Beyond
The Brussels climate dialogue series that was held from the Climate Summit in Warsaw (COP19 ) until the Climate Summit in Paris (COP21) resulted in the following six key messages to build EU climate ambition in the international climate negotiations:
1. Seize the historic momentum for a low-carbon transformation
2. Adopt an ambitious long-term goal at EU and global level that delivers clear investment signals for a decarbonised future
3. The EU has a crucial role on climate finance and financial reform
4. Europe’s diplomatic powers are vital for carrying the Paris agreement
5. Enhance coherence between development and climate agendas
6. Innovation is driving the low-carbon transformation
The dialogue series was co-organised by the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union and E3G.
Download here the key messages from Warsaw to Paris and beyond.
You can find more articles on the climate summit in Paris in our dossier.